Monday, March 23, 2009

The Beginning

What a momentous occasion. My first blog. Ever. I may live to regret this, but Josh has talked me into starting a blog together. I'm not really against blogging, I've just never been interested in it before. I also refuse to have a Myspace or Facebook page. This is me compromising. So here goes my blog:

Josh and I were married November 22, 2008 after what Josh has so aptly termed an 'unorthodox courtship'. For details on this please submit your request in writing. Within four months of knowing each other we knew we were going to get married. We are two vastly different people who have somehow managed to love being together every single day. Since the day we met. Josh proposed June 21. Here's one of our many engagement photos:

and another


(Christy Bodily took all of our engagement photos. Visit her photography site here)

While planning our wedding and getting ready for my senior year of college I somehow convinced Josh to finally go back to school and pursue higher education. So there we were, both starting a new semester at USU and trying to plan our life together. Growing up is a hard and complex process. I started my internship at Bear River Mental Health and Josh continued to work for Youthtrack. We seem to have made it through alright. Then came the best day of our lives. We were married in the Salt Lake Temple on a brisk, sunny day in November. It went something like this:



We've been happily married for four months now. We live in a tiny house, barely big enough for two. Don't believe me? See below:


I guess a more accurate description would be not big enough for two plus all the junk we own. We've been enjoying the trials and comforts of married life thus far and look forward to at least 50 more years in each other's company. In the near future, however, we're just waiting for the day I graduate with my Bachelors in Social Work (May 2) and the day we leave for our four day cruise in the Bahamas (May 18). How was that for my first blog?

3 comments:

  1. And just think, I was there for what I consider to be your first date. Shooting in the snow and then Pizza at that one pizza place. I am glad my bad relationship luck didn't influence you guys. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My darling children! What a cute couple you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the blog! I hope it won't be too painful for you. I love it! I think it is a good compromise for not having a myspace or facebook.

    ReplyDelete